The PetroFix® Design Assistant Website is a website used by REGENESIS in order to sell the PetroFix Product to clients. REGENESIS is a provider of remediation solutions for contaminated soil and groundwater. When you use REGENESIS services or access information that REGENESIS provides, you’ll share some information with REGENESIS. REGENESIS wants to explain what information REGENESIS collects, how REGENESIS uses it and where it is stored.
REGENESIS endeavors to comply with the Data Protection Act 1998, the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 (amended) and other relevant legislation.
Information REGENESIS collects
The information REGENESIS collects from you falls into two categories:
1. Information you choose to give REGENESIS
2. Information REGENESIS gets when you visit the PetroFix Design Assistant Website
Here are some details on these:
Information you choose to give REGENESIS
- When you contact REGENESIS by phone, email, online inquiry or in person, to find out information or ask for a quotation, REGENESIS will retain some personal data.
- When you register for an event such as a seminar or webinar.
- When you enter personal information into the PetroFix Design Assistant Website in order to access specific information.
The personal data REGENESIS routinely collects is:
- Full name
- Email address
- Postal address
- Job Title
- Company name
- Contact telephone details
- Site Information including site name, street, city, state, zip code, and country
- Area Information including area name, surface area, average vertical thickness, Non-Aqueous Phase Liquid (NAPL) presence, and general soil grain size
Information REGENESIS collects when you visit the PetroFix Design Assistant Website
When you visit the PetroFix Design Assistant Website, REGENESIS will collect data about your computer and your visits to the PetroFix Design Assistant Website, such as:
- Your IP address
- Geographical location
- Browser and domain type
- Referral source
- Length, date and time of visit
- Number of page views
The PetroFix Design Assistant Website does this by using cookies. A cookie is a text file sent by the REGENESIS web server to your web browser, where it is stored on your computer. This text file is then sent back to the REGENESIS web server every time you access our website with the same browser. This updates the REGENESIS web server with information on your usage of the PetroFix Design Assistant Website.
How to turn off cookies
You can turn cookies off at any time, by going into your browser settings. However, it could have a detrimental effect on the usability of the PetroFix Design Assistant Website and others. If you have any concerns about the cookies that the PetroFix Design Assistant Website uses, please contact privacy@REGENESIS.com.
How REGENESIS uses your personal data
REGENESIS may use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To fulfill a query, request for information and/or to provide a service
- To facilitate your attendance at one of REGENESIS’ events or webinars
- To improve and tailor the PetroFix Design Assistant Website for you
- To email you newsletters and invitations to webinars and events
- To contact you to tell you about services that REGENESIS thinks would be of interest to you
- To assist you with technical problems related to your sites
- To collect anonymous aggregate information in order to help tailor the PetroFix Design Assistant Website
All site data provided using the PetroFix Design Assistant Website is considered confidential. For research purposes, data provided may be used to assist with reporting on performance of the product overall and aide in improvements made to enhance performance as part of the research and development process. Site data will not be shared by REGENESIS with other parties and will be made anonymous.
Your choices on how your personal data is used
You can choose how you would like REGENESIS to use the personal data REGENESIS has regarding:
- Newsletters and Event Invites – you can choose to not receive these by using the ‘email preference’ link provided in the footer of each email REGENESIS sends, or email your request to privacy@REGENESIS.com.
- Other Marketing Emails – if you would like REGENESIS to hold your personal information so that REGENESIS can complete transactions with you, but would otherwise not like to be contacted – please let REGENESIS know by emailing privacy@REGENESIS.com.
Control over your personal data
You have a number of rights under data protection law and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) regarding the personal data REGENESIS keeps. You can request:
- Access to your personal data that REGENESIS may have
- Amendment of any personal data which is incorrect or requires updating
- Deletion of your personal data from our records
Please give REGENESIS one calendar month to deal with any request.
Security of your personal data
REGENESIS takes the protection of your personal data very seriously and REGENESIS will undertake appropriate steps to ensure your personal data is stored in a secure environment to prevent any unauthorized access. REGENESIS uses external data service providers to store and process personal data on our behalf and have appropriate agreements in place with them to protect your data. Any data transfers between external service providers and REGENESIS are conducted by secure means. Where such service providers are located outside of your country, REGENESIS relies on legally-provided mechanisms to lawfully transfer data across borders.
Sharing your personal data
REGENESIS will not share your personal information with any third parties for them to use for their own marketing purposes. REGENESIS may disclose your personal data if required to do so by law.
How long REGENESIS stores your personal data
REGENESIS will only retain personal data for as long as is necessary for the purposes REGENESIS is using it for. How long REGENESIS retains data will vary depending on the purposes it is used for. REGENESIS has procedures in place for ensuring that those who are not engaged with REGENESIS are removed.
REGENESIS’ services are not intended for, nor does REGENESIS direct them to children. REGENESIS does not collect any special categories of personal data, as defined under the GDPR.
Third party websites
The PetroFix Design Assistant Website may contain links to third party websites. REGENESIS is not responsible for the privacy policies of third party websites, so please check their policies when browsing.
REGENESIS may review and update this Policy and REGENESIS encourages you to review it from time to time. If REGENESIS makes any significant changes REGENESIS will endeavor to communicate this to you via the PetroFix Design Assistant Website or email.